I‘ve filtered and bottled release #2. Now I just need to affix the labels and prepare for shipment. You’ll all be smelling it soon :)
I’ve been occupied with finishing up Laboratory Series #1. Filtration, bottling, cutting labels - all done by hand. There are still few more things to take care of but I’ll be finishing everything up in the next couple of days and packages will ship within the coming week. Stay tuned!
Over the past week I’ve been working intensely on finishing up the formula for the first perfume in the 2019 series. I wanted to do something kind of warm and cozy for January/February.
I started the perfume a few weeks ago by playing with a couple of spice oils that I hadn’t used much before - nutmeg and cardamom. I love the creamy, smooth woods dryout of nutmeg. Blending these was enough to get the wheels turning and I began pulling other materials that I thought would work to compliment and contrast. The fragrance I was imagining featured the nose tickling spices up top then a resinous, spiced fruit, slightly syrupy chai/mulled wine type of effect going into the body, and finally a smooth, warm dry down of woods and incense. I made a few sketches of the various accords and let them sit and macerate for about 10 days before evaluating, then last week I got everything back out and starting modifying and refining, trying to fuse the parts together nicely.
The workbench always gets a little chaotic when I’m working like this as you’ll see in the photos above. These days are my favorite part of the process, when time seems to glide. I tend to go a little too far with a formula before taking a step back into the sweet spot, but I’m pleased with how this one is turning out.
As of now the formula contains orange, opoponax, frankincense, sandalwood, cedarwood, fir balsam, tobacco, rose, benzoin & patchouli along with the nutmeg, cardamom and numerous aromachemicals.